Happiness

Happiness is more about good feelings than having lots of money







Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happiness in Education


            Are you happy in school? How do you feel while you’re in class? Do you know who you are? I ask these questions to myself. Knowing who I am is very important and it relates on getting jobs and in obtaining an education. Before making any decisions, I need to know I am. When I did acknowledge myself and I was able to get a sense of direction towards my goals in life. Here it is what I am currently doing to make myself happier in school and working my life into stages toward my goals.

            Actually, I found out who I was a few years ago. I believe that I am a very thoughtful person. I usually think a lot before I do something, but I don’t act enough. I needed to change this bad habit. I thought that taking on more actions rather than just doing nothing would improve my life. I like challenging myself. My hobbies are to make something out of nothing and fixing or solving hard problems. It gives me self satisfaction after accomplishing complex tasks. Therefore, my major is computer science because I like the process of programming. So if something is incorrect in a program, my job would be fixing it which requires great thinking skills.

            Classes can be hard when you don’t understand what’s going on. By doing my homework correctly, it makes me happier in classes. Being an international student, sometimes I don’t understand what we talk about in class and I feel terrible after class. By doing so, it gives me confidence. Usually when professors discuss the homework in the class, I feel reassured because I understand what’s going on. I feel happy and great all day long.

            Before classes start, I try to prepare for class work by reviewing my notes and homework. By doing so, I can work together in class with my fellow classmates and not fall behind. I am still trying to do it, but I honestly don’t do it every day. I know that it will make me feel comfortable and confident, but it gets kind of annoying. I have a tendency to get lazy and lose motivation. However, I am slowly working on changing myself.  

            I work hard, but I try not to stress out at work. I work more than 40 hours per week. Many professors recommended me to work less hours. Actually I would love to do that, but I have to support myself. I have to pay for my car, insurance, tuition, and have some pocket money. So, I try to find happiness at work. However, I can’t always be smiling or feel happy. Sometimes I get really tired, mad, stressed and annoyed. After a bad day at work, when I go to school the next day, I can’t concentrate in class which makes me feel so bad and unhappy.

            There may be other ways that can make me feel happy. I think these that I emphasized are the more common and important steps that can control my feelings. I think that if I do these steps consistently, I will be happy in education, affect my grades and the rest of my lifetime If I study and enjoy myself, I believe that it’ll help me get a decent job and future.

1 comment:

  1. Lee,

    You make some excellent points. Like you, I don't like feeling confused, so I used to "extra" prepare for challenging classes - a brilliant strategy!!
    The essay was clear and well organized. I really like the use of questions to open the essay. Work to improve your vocabulary and to smooth sentences this semester. Nice Job.

    ReplyDelete